The Top 5 Best Dog Beds for Pitbulls
Table of Contents
Looking for the best dog beds for Pitbulls will get you overwhelmed. So thank us for making your decision easier.
Pitbulls have a bad reputation among dogs. Their body structure and appearance give them a poor name as bad and nasty dogs. Alas, the big muscular four-legged man’s best friend can be the cutest teddy bears in their calmness. Besides, no matter how violent or rough a dog is, it needs a place to calm its nerves and sleep to recuperate for the next day.
Pitbulls are powerful breeds of dogs and are plagued with plenty of diseases that affect these tough, misunderstood canines. When choosing beds for Pitbulls, you must consider what exactly you intend to manage or curb in your dog. Pitbulls are known to suffer from joints problems, if your dog falls in this category, the best orthopedic bed will alleviate the pain and enable you to manage their arthritis efficiently.
However, Pitbulls are voracious dogs with teeth that can chew through anything; their insatiable appetite prompts them to chew on any surface, including their beds. While you have to ensure that they are comfortable, a Chew Proof Dog Bed is a simple exercise to sharpen your Pitbull teeth without damaging the bed.
Finally, in picking the best beds for Pitbulls, you might want a dog bed with cover. If you are thinking why; these powerful and bold dogs suffer from anxiety in their quiet moments. Also, there is nothing better than a little secure cover blanket to remind them you are here for them, and they are safe.
If you are going shopping
any time soon for the best dog bed for Pitbulls,
read through our review on why these are the best dog beds for Pitbulls on the market to buy
Top 5 Best Dog Beds for Pitbulls Reviews
Aside from health complications associated with Pitbulls, they are also the most robust but soft at heart breeds that need a comfortable place to sleep or rest when they are not active or to prevent them from jumping on guests that come to the house.
While you can decide to use the best dog harness for Pitbulls to keep them in place, you still need a good dog bed at the end of a busy day.
If you are stuck on choice from the plenty of reviews
over the internet on the best dog beds, we have skimmed
through the hundreds on the market and narrowed down the search to the top five
that will cater to all pet
owners concerning certain habits. In fact, these are the best dog beds for labs too.
1) Kuranda Dog Bed – Best Chew Proof Dog Bed
Pitbulls are powerful chewers. If you are on the market for a chew proof dog bed for your Pitbull, nothing beats the Kuranda dog bed. For dog owners, this chew resistant bed is a relief and money saver for pet owners who have changed dog beds due to teeth damages.
Asides from being a chew proof bed, this is also the best bed for arthritis offering elevated comfort for dogs weighing up to 250 pounds. The aircraft-grade, aluminum is durable, reliable, lightweight, and comfortable for the most difficult dog indoors or outdoors.
This 46 by 36 inches sleeping surface can be covered with a firm and durable vinyl fabric for the winter period to prevent escalating problems in Pitbulls with orthopedic problems like hip dysplasia.
Furthermore, the aluminum bed blends beautifully into every exterior and interior décor of a house, making it a flawless piece in the home.
One advantage of this dog bed is the elevated design and lack of stuffing, making it safe for Pitbulls with sensitive skin as it leaves no room for bugs and dirt harmful to their skin.
Finally, as one of the top-rated dog beds on the market, the Kuranda dog bed has beaten its competition to be the best dog beds for small dogs too.
- The best dog bed to help manage joint pain in older dogs
- The best dog bed for big, tough, and aggressive breeds
- An excellent corner dog bed for any home
- A durable aluminum framework to accommodate the weight and size of most dogs
- Elevated design keeps the dog warm during winter
- Smooth, easy to clean surface makes it top-notch for most dog owners
- There is none as buyers were satisfied with the product.
2) Bully Beds Orthopedic Dog Bed – The Best Memory Foam Dog Bed
The next dog bed on the list is a beautiful, high-quality product from Bully beds. This XL pet bed comes fitted with a waterproof memory style foam insert that is promised to comfort and cradle your dog, especially Pitbulls suffering from joint pains with support and alignment for the spine relieving pressure points and aiding even weight distribution.
At 7 inches thick, Bully Beds is the recommended and best x-large dog bed on the market; not only does it support your dog’s overall health, but it is also designed to take a beating and last through it all.
Elevated at the head section, this orthopedic memory foam bed enables the dog to lie comfortably; it comes with a smooth microfiber outer fabric cover over antimicrobial memory foam insert that reduces odor and risk of skin infection to your Pitbull’s skin.
As one of the best large dog beds, the Bully Bed is medical-grade designed orthopedic memory foam to help old and ailing Pitbulls with joint problems to recover while soothing their aches and pains.
The Bully Beds are extra large orthopedic dog beds that come with two covers, a memory foam insert and a long zipper that enables you to remove it for washing or replacing it after washing. The outer cover is machine washable, double-stitched, durable, breathable microfiber fabric, and the second layer is a waterproof material that prevents water or any liquid from been absorbed into the foam.
- Waterproof dog bed and machine washable surface
- It has a breathable outer fabric to keep the dog cool on hot days
- They are unique dog beds great as an outdoor pet bed that fits your décor
- Well-structured memory foam with 20 – year warranty that will not sink or flatten
- High-quality material, easy to clean and maintain
- Not a single bad review
from clients who bought it
3) PetFusion Ultimate Dog Pet – Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
Are you on the market for stylish and cozy high-end dog beds, you have found one that will blend in with your décor but also make your dog feel like a million bucks? These luxury dog beds by PetFusion ultimate combines memory foam technology and orthopedic capabilities to give your Pitbull the best support and alignment for their bodies. This Bagel Dog Bed design is medium firmness foam with a heavy-duty waterproof lining and zipper to prevent water or any liquid from soaking into the foam.
This cooling dog bed outer cover is a breathable fabric that enables cooling and temperature regulation for the dog it is also a cooling pet bed for pet owners with puppies. The water-resistant fabric is a 35 percent cotton material that reduces the rate at which water gets into the inner lining of the dog bed.
At 4 inches thick, PetFusion’s ultimate dog bed will help alleviate joint pain in Pitbulls and improve posture and alignment of the spine. If your Pitbull is a puppy, then you just found yourself the best pet bed for your cute and growing Pitbulls.
Are you passionate about keeping the planet clean, then it will please you to know that, PetFusion dog beds consist of partially recycled material that is durable and built to last? Unlike other best beds for Pitbulls that slide across the surface because of the weight of the animal, this dog bed comes with a firm base that stays in place on any surface keeping your dog safe.
Other lovely features why you will love this dog bed are the maintenance ability. It can be machine washed, wiped, and brushed easily.
- Memory foam that helps aligns joints and relieves pressure point in older dogs
- Available in different sizes for small to extra large dogs
- A fluffy bolster that helps support the head and neck of the dog
- A great design for Pitbulls and other dogs
- The best travel dog bed with a dog bed cushion that cradles them throughout the journey
- The zippers are not as
durable as the bed
4) Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best Dog Beds Large Dogs
If you are on the hunt for a comfortable dog bed that will keep your dog happy and fulfilled, then Big Barker is another excellent product for you. Big Barker is an original made in the USA dog bed with over fifty years of experience and craftsmanship in manufacturing the best extra large dog beds for Pitbulls.
As a medical-grade orthopedic dog bed for large dogs and extra-large dogs, it is 7 inches of space for your dog that is guaranteed not to flatten or lose shape with long use. To further affirm their commitment for quality, Big Barker has a 10-year warranty ensuring that this product stays as long as your dog.
If you have two Pitbulls and looking for one bed, then Big Barker is the best dog bed for two, it has enough room to house two adult Pitbulls without sinking in and it is super comfortable with microfiber that is skin safe for your dogs.
For further clarification, the Big Barker dog beds are not your average orthopedic or memory foam bed. These are therapeutic dog beds designed to improve the agility and performance levels of your dogs. The giant dog bed is like a healing platform for dogs that lay on it. With this mattress, your Pitbulls will enjoy longevity, youthfulness, and steady stamina without stress.
- Guaranteed not to flatten or lose its shape with long use
- Great recovery bed to revive old and achy joints of older Pitbulls
- Available in different sizes to accommodate more than one dog
- Microfiber exterior fabric does attract dirt or bugs, and it is super easy to clean
- It is large hence you need enough room to purchase it
5) Dog’s Ball Dog’s Bed Orthopaedic Bed – the Best Recovery Bed for Pitbulls
The Dog’s Ball dog bed is the ultimate healthcare bed for your dog. This bed was designed to hasten the recovery process and help young dogs with health issues manage their disease properly.
This 100 percent S-XXXL waterproof bed is on the market as the best dog bed for arthritis, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, and the best memory foam bed for the post-surgery dog, lameness and other deformities found in Pitbulls.
With that in mind, this medical-grade bed comes with a premium memory foam insert that helps relieve pressure point, distribute weight, and calms aching pains in senior dogs with support in the right areas for quick recovery.
This dog bed outer cover is machine washable, but it also has an inner waterproof lining that prevents accidents from settling into the mattress.
So, if you have searched for a healthy dog bed to help improve the quality of life for your Pitbull, Dog’s Ball beds are the best to improve joint health, performance, and longevity for large, small, young, and older Pitbulls.
- Fully waterproof orthopedic bed for Pitbulls of all sizes
- Hands-on preventive measure for puppies prone to joint conditions
- Removable waterproof outer fabric, easy to clean and replace
- Best recovery dog bed to restore and improve your dog’s mobility
- No negative comments
With the list above, you can rest assure that you are choosing the best dog bed for Pitbull that your dog will enjoy. If you have read the list, you will notice that all beds are chew proof, but the Kuranda dog bed is chew resistant making it super great for Pitbulls that chew a lot.
All other dog beds are medical-grade designed that aim to improve the health and lifespan of your Pitbull. From the review above, the best dog bed for Pitbulls is the Kuranda dog bed. The Kuranda dog bed will accommodate small and large Pitbulls and sustain weights of up to 250 pounds with the stable and sturdy stainless frames.
Some features that distinguish it are
- It is chew proof and durable
- Large sleeping surface with heavy-duty vinyl fabric
- No fear of dirt been trapped or infection spread because of the lack of fluffy insert
- Great for large and small dogs with 100 support structure for dogs suffering from joint pains
- Aircraft aluminum build, lightweight and easy to clean
- Great for indoor or outdoor use
Finally, if you are looking for the best dog bed for Pitbulls that will improve your dog’s health, durable, sturdy, and ideal for any home or dog, nothing beats the Kuranda Dog bed. With that said if the Kuranda dog bed is not for your dog, you have four awesome choices that will make your Pitbull feel like family.
The Best Dog Beds for Pitbulls – Buyers Guide
With the review above, you know what to look for in the best dog beds for Pitbulls. However, it is crucial to know the characteristics, purpose, and how essential your Pitbull need a dog bed.
Two crucial factors to consider are:
The Pitbull Sleeping Style – if you are choosing the bed to give the dog its privacy and spot in the house, then you want to know how your dog sleeps. Is your dog a side sleeper, back sleeper or loves tossing around while sleeping, the above designs are excellent choices for you.
Health Purposes – Pitbulls are known to suffer from many ailments as they grow older. The most common illness is ache and pains, which the orthopedic dog bed solves excellently. So if you are worried about your dog’s health and need to relieve it, these beds are designed to help them.
Other buyer’s guides to remember are:
- The size – if your Pitbull is a puppy, a small dog bed is the obvious choice like a wicker dog bed that is cozy and pretty, but because Pitbulls grow so fast, it is a wrong decision.
To ensure your Pitbull enjoys the bed for a long time, buy an oversized dog bed that the puppy will grow into. Always measure your dog before buying a dog bed.
- Habits –no dog bed is 100 percent indestructible, but some dog beds are designs to withstand the constant chewing of Pitbulls. You can also buy teething toys or biting accessories to distract them from chewing on their bed.
- Aesthetics and comfort – Pitbulls are strong dogs and need a comfortable, good looking bed to cool off after a long active day like a dog hammock bed. However, the dog beds listed in this article are the comfiest dog beds on the market. It makes them feel great, sleep better improving their health and performance level.
- Cushion and support – if you are buying a therapeutic dog bed, it should have plenty of cushions to cradle your dog without putting pressure on or increase their pain. The best dog bed cushion is the memory foam; the memory form conforms to the dog’s body, and weight allowing for even distribution of the weight increasing alignment and comfort.
- Material – dog beds come in many forms, but durable dog beds depend on the substance used in manufacturing the bed. The material should be breathable, skin-friendly, and easy to clean like wooden dog beds that don’t attract dirt or cause bacteria growth, which causes infection.
- Location of use – most dog beds are for indoor use, so having a bed that will also serve as an outdoor dog bed is marvelous. So if your Pitbull run around in the yard, you should consider a dog bed that will enable your furry friend to relax anywhere in the home.
- The Design – just because it’s a dog bed doesn’t mean it should be boring. Most dog owners want beds that blend seamlessly with their décor hence the need to choose luxury pet beds or personalized dog beds with designs, colors, and shapes that suit them.
- Detachable Cover – don’t ever buy a dog bed with cover sewn on. It is tricky to maintain and just not comfortable for your dog or you. When buying one, ensure the outer cover is removable and machine washable to keep your dog clean, safe, and healthy.
Well, these are some factors to have in mind when
choosing the best dog beds for Pitbulls. Pitbulls
possess unique qualities and predispositions which must be acknowledged in the
decision making. Lastly, manufacturers hype product capabilities to entice
buyers, so read through the specifications before paying for a dog bed for a Pitbull.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is memory foam Toxic to dogs?
Memory foam makes up the inserts of most orthopedic dog beds; these materials are excellent at improving the health and quicken the recovery time of sick or elderly dogs. Although, the foam consists of chemicals that degrade with continuous use into tiny particles and are harmful to them, their long breakdown span makes them safe for the dog. However, foams are not digestible in the dog’s system, so if your dog is a chewer, the best thing is to have a double layer outer cover or opt for dog beds without any foam.
What is the best dog bed for chewers?
To answer this question, we will like to emphasize that a dog needs a bed to give them a sense of belonging in your home.
Now to the chewing habits of Pitbulls, Pitbulls love to chew, it is their thing and believe it or not, there isn’t an indestructible dog bed for Pitbulls designed to withstand the chewing power of a Pitbull.
However, Pitbulls chew for a reason, so the best solution to prevent destructive tendencies is by finding out what is triggering the excessive chewing habit in your dog. To further know more about this peculiar habit, we have a section on why Pitbulls chew and how to manage it.
How to waterproof a dog bed?
Accidents happen and with a Pitbull, it is more often than usual. To avoid dirt and microbes infection brewing in the foam, opt for dog beds for less with an already made waterproof dog lining sold on most online stores. If you are great at DIYs, you might want to put your tailoring skills to the test. However, if you need an instant solution to waterproofing your dog bed, cover the foam with large waste bin leather, and tether the closure securely. This method does require a consistent change to avoid smells around the home or infection on the dog’s skin.
How often should I get my dog a new bed?
Premium dog beds will last for a long time. The least warranty on a modern dog bed spans one year, while memory form pet bed or orthopedic dog bed has proven to last for up to 10 years without problems. So the number of times you replace your dog bed depends on the quality and design of the product. However, if your dog is always scratching or chewing on the outer surface, it will need a replacement when it looks bad.
What is a dog bed?
A dog bed is a cozy, fluffy cushion round or square shape that provides your dog with a sense of belonging, security, and where they retire to after a long day of play. They come in different types for various purposes and are better than allowing your dog to sleep on the floor.
How to wash a K9 ballistic bed?
K9 ballistics dog beds are super easy to maintain and clean. The best dog bed comes with washable covers with Velcro and YKK zippers that withstand the machine cycle. Washing the K9 ballistics cover is easy, the memory foam can be cleaned using baking soda and a clean cloth to wipe the upper surface and eliminate odor.
What size dog bed for 40 lb dog?
Dog beds aren’t like humans that come with a predefined measurement, but a 40-pound dog is big, hence a 36 -40 inches by 23 – 30 inches should accommodate this weight. However, to avoid buying the wrong size which is a buyer’s guide prerequisite, get a measuring tape, and take the reading starting from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail, next measure the shoulder width. To the measurements, add an extra 6 to 12 inches to cover the extra space your dog needs to settle in comfortably.
Do dogs need a dog bed?
Most people shy away from buying a dog bed because
they don’t have where to put the dog bed. However,
like other furniture in your home, dog bed furniture will
fit into the décor of your home effortlessly without any problem. If you are
thinking about what kind of dog bed you should get for your dog, read through
the above review to know your dog needs because every dog should have a
comfortable space of their own or you can get a rectangle dog bed
that will fit anywhere in the home.
Pitbulls and their Destructive Chewing Habit
If you own a Pitbull, chewing shouldn’t come as a surprise, these dogs love to chew. It is an inborn behavior, but because they have powerful jaws and teeth, what looks like a simple tugging can turn out to be very destructive.
Pitbulls chew for several reasons, pet Pitbulls chew when teething, this is to relieve the constant itching associated with growing a tooth as they become adults. To ease the discomfort and pain, chewing on anything, especially soft, but firm toy helps relieve this pain hence the bed becomes the target when nothing is available.
Secondly, Pitbulls are active dogs that love to play; tied down to spot results to boredom and chewing is the best way to fill in the hours. Ensure that your dog has enough space to play and exercise like a large backyard, toys to keep him/her busy or something to tire them out before bedtime.
Finally, because their bed is the best chewing option for Pitbulls, you can opt for the best dog crate bed made with top quality materials that can withstand the chewing power of the dog and even help curb this habit in them.
What options do I have for a chewer?
There are a couple of beds designed to beat the toughness of a Pitbull’s bite force but one brand that has stood the test of time in Kuranda. These aircraft aluminum grade dog bed have stainless steel durable steel edge firm enough to prevent teeth marks from sinking in and ultimately curbing their chewing habits.
Avoid dog beds with soft, chewy edges that will attract
or trigger the chewing habits in Pitbulls. You can also choose plastic dog beds and
beds with heavy-duty
YKK zippers to withstand their bite force.
Health issues in Pitbulls
The main reason for an orthopedic dog bed for Pitbulls is to give them a safe sleeping spot to relax their tired bones, but Pitbulls have some ailments that only the best dog beds can relieve.
Although bulldogs are the highest sufferers of canine hip dysplasia, Pitbulls are also prone to this disease. According to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animal, about 24 percent of Pitbulls have this ailment.
Hip dysplasia is a distortion in the ball and socket joint of the hip when the femur doesn’t fit snuggly into the hip socket. This causes the bone to rubs against each other, resulting in severe pain, lameness, immobility, and degenerative joint disease.
Asides from hip dysplasia, Pitbulls suffer from other joint-related diseases, but all can be treated or alleviated using the best memory foam dog bed for Pitbulls with extra support and quick recovery.
Pitbulls are prone to various skin infections because of their short, less dense fur coat. This coat makes them prone to several skin conditions that can be prevented using a washable dog bed. It will keep your Pitbull’s skin healthy, and free from any infection.
Furthermore, Pitbulls play a lot; chances are they walk in with pollen or insect into the home. In addition to choosing a washable bed cover, a leather dog bed will aid easy cleaning to protect their skin.
Adequate thyroid secretion enables the Pitbull enough energy to jump around and remain active. Although this disease is rare, it can affect your dog’s metabolism, performance, and agility. While even fancy pet beds won’t treat your dog of this disease, it will enable them to sleep well and manage the condition efficiently.
Despite their reputation as aggressively dangerous dogs, Pitbulls are lovable animals that enjoy good company. So if you are thinking of getting a dog bed for Pitbulls, and don’t know where to put it, the family room, children den, or anywhere people gather in a home is the best spot.
So to curb separation anxiety, a square dog bed or round dog bed are the best sizes that will not crowd your sitting room space and make the dog feel included in family time?
Pitbulls are an energetic, toned, and muscular dog that needs constant exercise and a healthy meal to prevent problems with weight gain. So if you are a Pitbull owner, improve your dog’s strength and performance with plenty of walks, chase, and catch or a full training session to help them.
If you have an obese dog or one prone to obese due to old age, you will need a huge dog bed to accommodate it as little problems such as dysplasia and joint issues can be exaggerated hence the need for a heated dog bed to help manage the condition.
Excessive chewing habit
Pitbull is to chewing as honey is to bee. It is their character, but an indestructible dog bed, training, and chewing toys can combat this problem and keep them from ripping the object into millions of pieces across your floor.
Caring For Your Dog Pet Bed
Regardless of the choice of bed, you pick from the above list, you will need to care for it. They don’t come with the self-cleaning ability, and because of the sensitivity of Pitbull skins, these good dog beds must be cleaned. Cleaning also increases the durability and warranty of the product.
Some care tips are:
Keep your Pitbull well-trained and worn out
This sounds wicked, but Pitbulls love playing. In fact, only good exercise can prevent ailments like dysplasia. Exercise also tires them out and douses the desire to chew instead of sleeping.
Don’t relent on buying chew toys
We can stop repeating how strong the urge to chew is, but having good chewing accessories around the house and in their bed will keep them from gnawing on the bed. You can decide to have custom dog beds made with materials that won’t damage with chewing.
Furthermore, you can have a vet check your dog if it has any underlying issue that is triggering the excessive chewing habit.
Choose Dog Beds with Waterproof Inner Lining
If you are buying durable dog beds, ensure the foam is covered with a waterproof inner lining that prevents water or any liquid from entering into the foam. This will protect the foam from becoming a breeding ground for microbes that can infect the dog.
A Microfiber Outer Cover
A microfiber cover serves two functions; a cooling pet bed and helps keeps the bed clean. It should also be water-resistant and easy to wash. For quick cleaning, washable pet beds ensure dirt, odor, and infection removes easily.
Types of Dog Beds for Pitbulls
Your dog’s attitude and behavior dictate the bed for them. If your dog chews a lot, there are cheap dog beds XL in size for them. You have a scary pup, cute small dog beds are available or have a dog that is always cold; there is a covered dog bed large enough to share with its siblings. So let’s look at the various types on the market to narrow down your buying choice.
- Heated Dog Beds – if you live in the chilly regions, you will know the adverse impact of cold on the joints. Heated pet beds are excellent for all dogs – small dogs or older dogs with joint problems. The dog bed warmer emits tiny bouts of heat that soothes the dog’s joint and reduces the stiffness in the joint.
- Elevated Dog Beds – these are bed lifted off the ground and reduce the amount of dirt getting to it. This easy to clean dog bed is excellent indoor and outdoor; it is lightweight, and provide better rest to a dog. For Pitbulls, the elevated bed helps manage arthritis and joint pain but also provides a smooth platform that accommodates a dog’s weight.
Orthopedic Beds – these are the best large dog beds designed for the dog that needs extra support in their hip or spine region. They are excellent recovery beds with memory foam inserts to offer support at the right spot to improve healing and recovery and the best beds for older dogs.
- Cots – these are cute puppy beds that can be used outdoors or indoors. They are great to keep the airflow around your dog, especially in hot summer months, and to keep the dog warm and cozy during the cold winter months. However, remember to buy one that will accommodate your dog’s weight and provide adequate support for their bodies.
- Bolster Or Bagel Dog Beds – these bolster dog beds take dog safety and security to a whole new level. The raised dog bed comes with an elevated point that serves as a headrest for the dog or round fluffy support wall. The wall helps cozy up the dog and give them comfort when sleeping. They are also great the best puppy beds for growing Pitbulls
- Dog Pillow Bed – these are the most comfortable dog beds designed to offer superior comfort to the dog. It doesn’t matter if your dog is healthy or recovering, these beds are soft with enough support to cradle your dog’s body weight during his rest time. Furthermore, they are not the absolute best for large dogs; they are the best nesting dog bed for breeding mother Pitbulls.
We agree that Pitbulls have a bad reputation, but these dogs are the best protective family dogs anyone would ever get. As to whether they need a bed, yes, they do.
Pitbulls are active breeds, and with all the running around, they need premium dog beds to soothe and relieve their tired and aching bones. Furthermore, the top dog beds for Pitbulls allow you to manage any ailment your dog might be suffering from.
To erase the complication of browsing through hundreds of dog beds, the five listed here are the best for your Pitbull. All you need to do is to read the review for the one best suited for your furry companion and make them feel at home.